Saturday, November 13, 2010

Devi Diary 4

It's update time.

Work on this monster of a project progresses, Things have been progressing smoothly for the most part as we met our first milestone. We have our main mechanics working, we have the majority of the art incorporated and we have a whitebox of our final level in the works.

We only today finished the enemy character model, it will be my first time texturing a full character so I am looking forward to that. We've also devised several puzzles to incorporate into our first area of the game which will make use of our main mechanic and should give players a real fun time.

I've got to admit, I am loving this art style with selective use of emissive textures we've really transformed the game into something slick. I'll be getting some screenshots up for you guys on monday which will show off the texturing cryo chamber complete with eery emissive white lights.

Everything is shaping up, we have our external 3d modeler working on the first of our environmental traps, a giant industrial buzzsaw! can't wait to get that one working in game.

More to come folks.

Z

P.S. Anyone picking up assassins creed 3?

2 comments:

the Jack said...

It's Assassin's Creed *2.5*, and I pre-ordered it before they started making it.

zedkhov said...

I am dirt poor but really wanted to pre order...then I realized I had some amazon.ca gift cards so I decided that was a good sink for em.