Monday, December 20, 2010

Dev Diary 6

And The end is coming alarmingly fast. We're on "Break" now. Which means when we're back in January we'll only have 4 precious weeks to refine, polish and finish our game. Scary!

Fun though, The progression of the game is coming along nicely. I've transitioned my role once again as development continues and my art and sound priorities wane. I am now taking on the primary role of QA. If you are a regular reader of this blog then you'll know it's something I did for 6 years before coming to school so I know a bit about it.

A preliminary bug list has been assembled and will continue to be assembled over the "break" I will then prioritize, mark severity and so on. I'll be bringing in fresh eyes testers once we hit Alpha (technically we already have, but the review by mentors is not done until we're back in early Jan.

In addition to that, I'll be working on creating some ambient sound tracks to compliment our game. I had managed to completely forget about the soundtracks I created early on in the year, our project manager recalled us doing audio tracks and decided to check mine out and reminded me. They seem to go well nicely with our theme so we'll either be using those or I'll be creating variations of those over the break. If you haven't already please give em a listen and throw me some feedback!

http://soundcloud.com/zedkhov

So, I'll be keepiung busy over the break making bug lists, suggestions and working on fine polish art and sound. From the fresh eyes testing we've done so far I've had nothing but positive feedback on my unique frontend idea so I am really planning to showcase that on industry night. I believe it could be what tips the scales in our balance and gets our team jobs, or at least more notice from industry vets.

So, onward and upward, game is looking good for Alpha we're on schedule and happy with where we are right now. More news to come before I head back to work in Jan.

No comments: