Thursday, April 22, 2010

Video Game Concept Art

Hey folks,

Some of you may be aware I acquired a art degree in my downtime from the blog. I met a lot of amazing artists that basically convinced me that concept art in games is not for me. I am a planner/designer with some moderate art skills, they are artists through and through.

Anyways as I said I met a lot of amazing artists and found all kinds of links to sites where these amazing artists in the video game and movie industries post their work. Take some time to check out www.conceptart.org if you have any interest in traditional artwork, digital artwork, concept art even other artwork like sculpting and 3d stuff. I joined the forums years ago now and have offered my feedback and been given feedback on my work. You can do the same thing. Don't hesitate to take advantage of something like this, these folks are there, willing and able to help you improve your drawing and art skills to help you pursue your goals of doing art for a living. They encourage you, offer you tips and constructive criticism and in turn hope you do the same to people seeking help.

I encourage you to check it out if you have the time. If people have an interest in this kind of thing I will post about more helpful art related sites I have come across that I know people in the video game and movie industries use. Concept art also offers tutorials from masters in the industry for very little cost as well. The money they receive from sales goes to the artists and helps support them and having gone through several of the movies myself I can vouch for them in saying they are incredibly helpful and detailed. I also collect a wide variety of concept art books. Stuff from a company called ballistic publishing is far and above the best if you are looking for inspiration and to view the best in the industries. Also "Massive Black" is actually the company from www.conceptart.org so they are all very good artists, amazing really.

Check it out:

















Anyways folks, hope this helps some of you please. Do not hesitate to comment and look forward to more posts soon. I just did a game pitch for a class in VFS for a semester end project and it went really well. Might make a post bout that tomorrow or on the weekend.

Cheers,

Z

No comments: